Tuesday 6 November 2012

November 6, 2012

Yesterday I thought was going to be the day...you know what I mean, the day that I get all of the house work done.  The day I cook a great family dinner that everyone eats without complaint, the day my kids get along.  Well I didn't get the housework done, I cooked and everyone complained, and my kids argued all evening.  That's OK.  I'm trying to be greatful about the little things that go right rather than dwelling on the things that don't.

I didn't use the TV babysitter all day  :)  I was very clever in cutting a hole in an empty diaper box and Benjamin spent hours with a bag of potatoes dropping them into the box and then pulling them out and putting them back into the bag.



Every time Benjamin asked for a snack (at least a dozen times) we chose healthy snacks like fruit, veggies and cheese over Halloween candy.  I only had to manage one meltdown.  It's definately time for me to start trying to avoid the Halloween candy...I must have snuck 4 little chocolate bars before lunch  :(

At lunch time I made myself an awesome squash soup. 
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/butternut-squash-soup-ii/



For dinner I made Shepperd's Pie.  I love Shepperd's Pie, but my kids don't.  I try not to let it get to me...I'm still hopeful that the day will come when they just eat already!!

Today wasn't perfect, but I'm OK with that.  I'll just remember the potato box and the squash soup and move on.  Today is going to be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment